Hulisani acquired the entire issued share capital of Red-Cap Investment and Eurocape Renewables and they in turn collectively hold a 6,67% interest in Kouga Wind Farm.
• Kouga Wind Farm is located at Oyster Bay in the Eastern Cape;
• Commercial operations of the R2 billion wind farm officially commenced on 17 March 2015; and
• The Kouga Wind Farm comprises an 80MW plant consisting of 32 x 2.5 MW wind turbines which were part of the first round of REIPPP.
OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE
• The Kouga Wind Farm has a 20-year Power Purchase Agreement to supply electricity to Eskom, of which 18 years remain;
• Kouga is a grid-connected plant;
• The Kouga Wind Farm adds annually approximately 300 million KWh of clean electricity to the grid, enough to supply approximately 50 000 average South African households;
• We are represented on the Board and working closely with the management team; and
• We have gained additional experience in the operations of a wind farm and uniquely South African or new issues with wind farms.
• After initial issues with equipment, we expect to be resolved by Q3 2018 through remedial works, Kouga performance is expected to further improve.