We practice ethical, effective and sound leadership in determining strategy
and monitoring business performance.
We practice ethical, effective and sound leadership in determining strategy and monitoring business performance.
Best Business Practices
Since Hulisani’s listing in 2016, we have steadily enhanced governance and nurtured our ability to identify opportunities that align with the trends we anticipate in the energy landscape.
The board recognises that the group’s practices can always be improved upon, and accordingly the board has and will continue to review the group’s governance framework against best practices.
Our business practices are directed to ensure that the best interests of the stakeholders are upheld and are in accordance with the principles of good corporate governance.
Commitment to Corporate Governance
The board is committed to:
- Meeting high standards of corporate governance and building strong relationships with stakeholders
- Exercising ethical, effective and reasonable leadership in determining strategy and monitoring business performance
- Adhering to the highest standards of corporate governance, ethical leadership and sound judgment, which is fundamental to the sustainability of our business.
Alignment with KING IV™
- The board maintains effective control of the business through a governance structure and has established committees to assist it in accordance with the provisions of our Board Charter and in alignment with the King IV Report on Corporate Governance ™ for South Africa, 2016 (King IV™).
- The board recognises that delegating authority does not reduce the responsibility of directors to discharge their statutory and common-law fiduciary duties in terms of the Companies Act No. 71 of 2008 (Companies Act), JSE Limited Listings Requirements (JSE Listings Requirement) and King IV™.
For full details of our Corporate Governance review, please refer to the Hulisani Integrated Annual Report 2019 available on www.hulisani.co.za